Re: Octave Genetic Algorithm model

From: Luca Favatella
Subject: Re: Octave Genetic Algorithm model
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 18:19:13 +0100

Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 18:31:36 +0300

> From: Martin Kuria <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Octave Genetic Algorithm model
[...]
> Please advise whether it would be possible to use Octave in modelling my
> networks.

Hi Martin,

What type is the population? (e.g. float, integer, bitstring)
If I understood your problem correctly they will be float, right? They
should be fine.

What kind of constraints do you plan to need? Linear? Non-linear?

> Also whether Octave has Genetic Algorithm or how I can use the Genetic
> algorithm with Octave.

Please refer to tests in
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/ga/ci/default/tree/inst/ga.m
(I know it's not ideal)

The GA package in Octave Forge tries to implement a subset of the
corresponding package in Matlab of a few of years ago.

Regards
Luca