Re: Question about RNGs used in oct files, and multiple instances of Oct

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Question about RNGs used in oct files, and multiple instances of Octave
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:08:40 -0700 (PDT)

I understand that setting the seed could be useful for other reasons, but I'm
mostly interested that the sequences generated on the separate instances of
Octave should not be dependent. I also know that there are sophisticated
solutions for generating random numbers on clusters. However, with the long
period of the MT generator, I think that different initial starting points
will be sufficient for my purposes. If I'm mistaken about that, though, I'd
like to know. Thanks, M.