Re: pass file name argoments to octave-gui.exe for edit .m files.

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: pass file name argoments to octave-gui.exe for edit .m files.
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:57:50 -0400

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 18:32:52 +0200, Stefano Maccaferri wrote:
> as object, when double click in windows explorer, octave-gui.exe execute .m
> files; i would like to edit the .m files instead.

Hi, if I understand you are asking for a way to launch Octave with the
path to an m-file and have it open the file in Octave's built-in
editor. There is currently no way to do that. You might be able to
write an m-file that would take the name of another m-file and pass it
to the editor.

If you would like this added as an enhancement, for example possibly
as a command-line option, please open a feature request bug on the bug
tracker:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

--
mike