Re: After building Octave with ATLAS - matrix multiplication is still si

From: louis scott
Subject: Re: After building Octave with ATLAS - matrix multiplication is still single threaded
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 20:51:03 +0000

That is my experience as well. I was able to tune, build and test atlas with the diagnostics and cpu monitor indicating that it was running  on all four cores.  However when it came to linking the libraries from the octave configuration, I had problems.

Specifically, the configure script tests to see if a series of functions are found, and if not goes to the next candidate in the search path that provides it until one is found.  (you can check your log file for cheev).   The m4 macros that create your configuration files control this, but impenetrable by me.

Here is the old help thread:
install not finding lapack (3.6.4)
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/install-not-finding-lapack-3-6-4-td4661317.html

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Dmitry Roshchin <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday 28 May 2014 11:04:20 David Parks wrote:
> My goal is to have multi-threaded matrix multiplication.
>
> 1) To that end I've built ATLAS (shared libraries are good).
> 2) Built Octave from sorces, linking ATLAS
>
> Octave ./configure script shows:
>
> BLAS libraries:              /usr/local/atlas/lib/libsatlas.so
> LAPACK libraries:            /usr/local/atlas/lib/libsatlas.so
>

> But this little test in Octave runs single threaded still:

It's normal:
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/atlas_install/node22.html