Re: Compiling Octave with ATLAS

From: David Parks
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave with ATLAS
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 10:57:59 -0700

Oops, sending to the list this time, silly reply button...

Yes, yes, and YES! You nailed it, sadly I figured it out right about the same time as I read this. But this absolutely, without a doubt, should go in the FAQs, and also the install docs, and a note in the configure file --help text with a nice concrete example.

I've found numerous related questions scattered across the web, all without answers. I did a little writeup on Stack Overflow and posted links to it in various places.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23876286/building-octave-from-source-did-atlas-get-included-properly-in-octaves-confi

However that still left me with a remaining install issue, I'm going to put it in another thread though.

Thanks for the reply!
David