Re: Octave Gnuplot export as LaTeX file

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Octave Gnuplot export as LaTeX file
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 09:43:11 +1000

Hello Hannibal,

On Sun, 25 May 2014 09:29:46 +1000, Hannibal Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Community

I am a LaTeX-user and I know how to make graphs with gnuplot in LaTex with
the usepackage "tikz". But I it would be so much easier to make plots in
Octave and export it as LaTeX code so I can use it in LaTeX.

Thank you very much in advance.

If you use the 'plot' command, in Octave, to plot your data you can save the plot using the 'print' command. the print command provides the choice of many file formats, some of which relate to latex. Have a look at the 'print' command options (help print) to see what might suit your needs.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell