Re: Octave fior Android Requires Payment

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Re: Octave fior Android Requires Payment
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:11:24 -0700

On 05/18/14 20:58, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

> I do not know that the donation message violates the GPL or not. But hang up phenomenon seems not relate whether you donate or not. Perhaps the hang-up is machine and OS version dependent.

If you refuse to pay until the "number of free uses" expires, the application goes into a loop that lasted more than 5 minutes!

The source code is, as far as I can tell, not available.

<edit>
I found the source, I think...

https://github.com/corbinlc/octave4android

I may have contributed, if, it was NOT required.

I believe some violation of the GPL has happened.  Read
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-on-Android-td4658392.html
See the ODE package comments.

Tom Dean