LIBLINEAR octave make file

From: Chieh-Yen
Subject: LIBLINEAR octave make file
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 23:39:33 +0800

Dear all,

I am one of the maintainers of LIBLINEAR.
http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/liblinear/
I tried to make the octave binary of LIBLINEAR-1.94.
In octave 3.2.4, the original make file works fine
but fails when using octave 3.8.1.

The original make file is :
==
mex train.c linear_model_matlab.c ../linear.cpp ../tron.cpp ../blas/*.c
==
But the compiler shows error message:

"gcc: fatal error: cannot specify -o with -c, -S or -E with multiple files"

I think mex parse the command
mex train.c linear_model_matlab.c ../linear.cpp ../tron.cpp ../blas/*.c
to another command containing target file name, object file names,
-c and -o together.
It is obvious that the command is ambiguous.
The problem could be solved by separating the compiling and linking steps as
==
mex -c linear_model_matlab.c ../linear.cpp ../tron.cpp ../blas/*.c
mex train.c
==
However, it's strange why it worked before but not right now.
Can anyone explain it or offer any comment?
Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Chieh-Yen