Error while running octave from C++

From: soestra
Subject: Error while running octave from C++
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 08:30:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I got a rather strange problem while trying to run an octave (3.6.2)
function from a C++ program.
The C++ program loads plugins on runtime as shared objects (*.so). From one
of those plugins I call an octave function via

out = feval (function, input, 1);

which requires the intialization of octave earlier:

string_vector argv (2);
argv(0) = "embedded";
argv(1) = "-q";
octave_main (2, argv.c_str_vec (), 1);

However, while running the program I get the following error:

invalid argument: d1mach(-2305825417027649535)
fatal: lo_ieee_init: floating point format is not IEEE!  Maybe DLAMCH is
miscompiled, or you are using some strange system without IEEE floating
point math?

I've been searching for a while now and it seems that people had a similar
problem with installing octave in an older version, but I couldn't find any
solution to my problem yet.
It seems to be connected to the fact that I load it at runtime as shared
object, because a standalone version of the program (created with mkoctfile)
works fine. Does somebody know how to make it run as a shared object?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards