Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released

From: Paulo Correia
Subject: Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 11:11:56 +0100

On Fri, 16 May 2014 08:18:04 +0200
Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 3:52 PM, pcorreia <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Following the Google Summer of Code 2013 Fem-fenics guide
>

> I don't know exactly what you mean. Be sure to give a look at [1] instead.

I was refering to your document 'Fem-fenics Genaral Purpose Finite Element
Library for GNU-Octave, Programmazione Avanzata per il Calcolo Scientifico

> > I typed with no
> > error
> > ffc  -l dolfin Poisson.ufl
> >

> You don't have to do it. It is the import_ufl_Problem function which is in
> charge of it.
> If you have found in the manual to do it, can you please refer me to the
> exact place where you find the instruction
> "ffc -l dolfin ...." so that we can state it more clearly?

It is written in page 5:

It is always a good idea to check if the ufl code is correctly written before
importing it into Octave. Typing
>> ffc -l dolfin Poisson.ufl

> > inside the directory ~/ocatve/fem-fenics-0.0.1/example/Poisson
> >
> > But inside octave I get
> > octave:1> pkg load fem-fenics msh
> > octave:2> ufl_import_Problem ('Poisson');
> > error: 'ufl_import_Problem' undefined near line 1 column 1
> >
> > The error tells you that the function is not defined. In fact the right
> function is
>
> import_ufl_Problem ('Poisson')
>

> Please refer to [1] for any example. If you have found the other
> version of the function ("import_ufl_Problem ('Poisson')") somewhere,
> please tell me where so that I can fix it.

In the text, pages 5-6 is written:

ufl_import_FunctionSpace ('Poisson')
ufl_import_BilinearForm ('Poisson')
ufl_import_LinearForm ('Poisson')
ufl_import_Problem ('Poisson')

and should be be import_ufl... I found it later but as I was giving the first
steps that stopped me.
Perhaps this doc was just a draft, anyway was very useful to me.

Thanks!
Paulo