Re: FFT spectrum analyzer question

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: FFT spectrum analyzer question
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 11:31:45 +0200

>Macy,
>
>Thanks for your reply. Strangely I get 0.15578 instead of 1/2 from the
>following:
>Ss=192000;
>dt=1/Ss;
>N=9600;
>t=[0:N-1]*dt;
>sig=sin(2*pi()*t);
>sig_f=fft(sig)/N;
>max(abs(sig_f))
>
>Anyway, I was studying Bartlett's method for power spectrum estimation.
>That's why I fixed a run length, split the signal into multiple sections,
>and apply fft on these sections. If I apply the same idea on your sample
>code, I get the following:

I cut the rest, because I just wanted to point you to the pwelch
function, from the signal package, which computes power spectrum of a
signal with a wide variety of options if you need to tune it to your
needs.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107