Problem installing Packages

From: push_back
Subject: Problem installing Packages
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 02:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I tried today to install Octave on Windows XP (Version 3.8.0) and it worked
fine... however, when I try to install the Forge packages, I get an error. I
would like to use the tf function from the control package...

I type into the command window *pkg install -forge general* and get the
following error message:

pkg: error running `make' for the general package.
error: called from 'configure_make' in file
D:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\3.8.0\m\pkg\private\configure_make.m
near l
ine 82, column 9
error: called from:
error:   D:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\3.8.0\m\pkg\private\install.m
at line 199, column 5
error:   D:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\3.8.0\m\pkg\pkg.m at line 394,
column 9

I get the same error if I try to execute the package installation script
with *build_packages* (current working directory is set correctly) or if I
just try to install the control package only with *pkg install
control-2.6.2.tar.gz*.

How can I fix this problem? I really need this package, so any help is
appreciated.

pb