Re: MPI package: Running MPI and examples in mpi package

From: c.
Subject: Re: MPI package: Running MPI and examples in mpi package
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 00:11:06 +0200

On 9 May 2014, at 22:22, bohumil <address@hidden> wrote:

> The problem is as follows on picture: whenever I try to run any examples I
> get this:
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4663974/mpiOctave.png>

the help for "hellowrod.m" says:

  To run this example, set the variables
  HOSTFILE and NUMBER_OF_MPI_NODES to appropriate values, then type
  the following command in your shell:

  mpirun --hostfile $HOSTFILE -np $NUMBER_OF_MPI_NODES octave --eval 'pkg load
mpi; helloworld ()'

did you set the environment variables before running the example?

c.