Re: how to compile lapack so that it can be used correctly during instal

From: tmacchant
Subject: Re: how to compile lapack so that it can be used correctly during installation of octave?
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 00:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

>I'm trying to install the latest octave 3.8.1 from source in a cluster
running redhat+IBM LSF. I don't have write access to anywhere else except my
own home dir, that's why I have to install octave from source. The blas and
lapack provided by the cluster does not work so I have to build them by
myself. I have now finished compiling both blas and lapack and passed the
./configure, but when I run make, an error is reported as follows:

> I don't have write access to anywhere else except my own home dir.
Sorry I have not read your situations.
Please ignore my previous post.

>From my experience octave build on the windows, octave build was failed when
the lapack version was too new.

Perhaps persons with more experience with Ubuntu build will give you correct
information.

Tatsuro