Re: Getting text output to octave window as octave closes

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Getting text output to octave window as octave closes
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 10:40:25 -0700 (PDT)

ijourneaux wrote
> When Octave closes, if there is an issue with memory, there are a couple
> of lines of text output to the octave window before the window closes.
> Unfortuantely (or fortunately) the window disappears before you can
> actually read the text.
>
> Is there a way to capture that test. It doesn't seem to go to the diary
> file.

These sort of things are best captured with (in) a debugger.

You could experiment with starting octave from a cmd32.exe prompt:
- Make a batch file along the lines I included in a few posts below
("multiple octave versions in one mxe installer"),
- replace the line "start octave*****.exe" by just "octave*****.exe,
- put it in the octave install directory,
- in a cmd32 windows browse to that location and
- start Octave tru the batch file.

Philip