Re: install problem DICOM package in Ubuntu

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: install problem DICOM package in Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 16:23:16 +0100

On 1 May 2014 13:31, e.ruiz25 <address@hidden> wrote:
HI,

I have a problem with the installation of package DICOM. My octave is 3.8.1
in ubuntu 12.04 32bits.

The problem is "not found /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdcmcharls" and also it
show warning "octave_map is obsolet".

I found one post with similar problem, however I could not resolve it.

Thank for your attention.

you need to install GDCM. GDCM is pretty easy to compile for openSuSE. (old) reports of it being in a repo for Ubuntu.

http://wiki.octave.org/Dicom_package

"octave_map" thing may mean I need to work on it for newer versions of octave. Let me know how you get on.

--
/* andy buckle */