Re: fsolve with lower and upper boundaries for solutions: lsqnonlin

From: Toshi
Subject: Re: fsolve with lower and upper boundaries for solutions: lsqnonlin
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:45:51 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Juan Pablo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Though you kindly pointed out, optim package is involved in Octave 3.6.4 for
windows.
As a proof, I can use optimset in my test program using fsolve like:
---
options = optimset('TolX', 1.0e-16, 'TolFun', 1.0e-16, 'MaxIter', 1000);
[x, myfunval, info, iterations] = fsolve('myfun', [1; 2; 5], options)
---
and it works well.

So, the problem is not optimset but nonlin_residmin which Olaf generously
suggested.
If you have any idea to use nonlin_residmin or anything else , I'm very
grateful to you.

Toshi