Problem to install Octave 3.8.1

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Problem to install Octave 3.8.1
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:10:25 -0600

Hi,

Today I decided upgrade my Octave version. First a minor problem. Configure
don't find the hdf5 headers/libraries. These are at /usr/include and /usr/lib.
Don't works even if I use the options --with-hdf5.... Anyway, Octave compiles
without problem, but when I try to install it I get:

collect2: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
libtool: install: error: relink `liboctinterp.la' with the above command before
installing it
make[4]: *** [install-octlibLTLIBRARIES] Error 1

Any advice?

Thanks.
Germán.