Re: Octave

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 23:29:49 +0200

On 13 Apr 2014, at 23:09, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know what it means from Octave developers point of view though.

it means that the output is not assigned if nargout = 0.

It seems to me that the fix is trivial, as the documentation says
that only one output value is assigned in any case, it would probably
be sufficient to change line 719 of libinterp/corefcn/input.cc from

retval = eval_string (input_buf, true, parse_status, nargout);

retval = eval_string (input_buf, true, parse_status);

please add this suggestion to the report when reporting the bug.

c.