minimum L1 norm

From: Ether Jones
Subject: minimum L1 norm
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:05:05 -0400

Hello.

I think my question is straightforward but I'm not finding the answer I need in the manual.

I have a set of overdetermined linear equations A*x = b + epsilon.

A is an MxN matrix where M>N.  A is known.

b and epsilon are Mx1 column vectors.  b is known.  epsilon is unknown.

x is an Nx1 column vector.  x is unknown.

I want to find the value of x that minimizes the L1 norm of epsilon.

What is the recommended way to do this in Octave?