Re: Iterative summation using sum(), fails with ezmesh

From: Erik Leunissen
Subject: Re: Iterative summation using sum(), fails with ezmesh
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 18:09:53 +0200

On 04/09/2014 03:17 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 20:53 +0200, Erik Leunissen wrote:

Could somebody please explain why this is going wrong? Some directions
towards a remedy would be awesome.

Error messages are meaningful.  Read them!

That's the response of someone who presumes that I did not read them.

What if I did read them, and failed to apply them to my case because of misunderstanding?

error: _sumh: operator +: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 60x60, op2 is 1x9)
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error:   _sumh at line 30, column 5

The first part tells you where the error is. You are attempting to add
matrices of incompatible sizes.

Go edit that file at that line and column and figure out what's wrong.
Or insert a `keyboard` statement in there to go into debug mode and
understand what's wrong (`whos` to see what variables you have, `doc
dbstack` to learn more about how to use debug mode).

You took the trouble to respond, and from a purely technical/informational point of view, there is mixed value for me in it.

However, the tone and included presumptions (regarding my reading, and my level of understanding octave) verge on presumptuousness.

I don't know how to express my gratitude,

Erik.

- Jordi G. H.