Re: 'less' not working

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: 'less' not working
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 09:54:12 -0400

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 09:23:24 -0400, David wrote:
> I don't know if this is a bug or just a configuration issue, but whenever I
> enter a command that produces more than one page of output, the 'less'
> command produces this error:
>
> less: Unknown option -X
> Usage: less [-ceisS] [-A|-u] [-n #] [-t tag] [-p pos_cmd] [-P prompt]
> [-U[[c][p][
> l|b|8|o|a]]] [file ...]
>
> This happens with both the CLI and GUI versions.

What operating system? What version/flavor of less does your system provide?

You can set the LESS environment variable to specify your own
preferred less options (I do). If that variable is not set, Octave
will pass its own set of options to less. Run

  type ([octave_config_info.startupfiledir filesep "octaverc"])

to see the startup script that sets the default less options.

--
mike