Re: Distribute "data files" with a package

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Distribute "data files" with a package
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:07:54 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----

Well, Octave packaging needs to redefined and redone from scratch.

Anyway, since functions work, and since in functional paradigm everything,
including constants, is a function, you can probably solve your problem
wrapping your data in a function.

I.e. something like this:

my_data = function get_my_data()
  my_data = [1, 2, 3 ...]; # this line should be autogenerated based on real
data
endfunction
.

Then you can call get_my_data(), created a file in CWD and use the file for
your demo.

Regards,
  Sergei.