Re: Syntax|Parse error on code that used to run

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Syntax|Parse error on code that used to run
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:53:16 -0400

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 06:52:30 +0000, richard wrote:
> Y = ["(","'" E00"'",];

The lack of a space between a variable and subsequent quoted string
did work in 3.6 and doesn't seem to work in 3.8. I can't say whether
this was intentional or not.

In 3.6, this worked

  x = "foo";
  y = ["(","'" x"'"];

but not without the space in front of the variable as in

  x = "foo";
  y = ["(","'"x"'"];

In 3.8, either a space or a comma is needed on both sides of the
variable separating it from the strings you are contatenating it with:

  x = "foo";

or

As I said, I can't say whether this was intentional, but it certainly
looks like an improvement to me.

HTH,

--
mike