eraseMode - none

From: no-Use
Subject: eraseMode - none
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 05:51:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I try to do animation in Octave and have trouble with animation.
My aim is to draw objects without deleting/erasing the old drawings (but I
do alter the graphics). My attempt is to set "erasemode" - "none" which
sounds promising but doesn't work.
However, in the end I do not get several lines plotted but only one at each
step.

My simple test code:

val = [1 1 2 2]
h = line(val(1:2),val(3:4),'linewidth',5,'color','r'); hold on;
axis([-50 50 -50 50])
set(h,'erasemode','none');

for i = 1:10
 val([1,3]) += [1,4];
 val([2 4]) -= [2,1];
 set(h, 'xdata', val(1:2), 'ydata',val(3:4))
 pause(1);
 drawnow;
endfor

Thank you for your help :)