Re: Building/Installing 3.8.1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

From: Michael C. Grant
Subject: Re: Building/Installing 3.8.1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

bpabbott wrote
>> After that you can try to configure Octave.  Just in case Homebrew is
>> doing something special, I suggest you take a look at the configure
>> options used by the Homebrew formula.  If they are patching the sources,
>> I recommend you skip that since 3.8.1 should build on MacOS X without any
>> patches.

The only patch we're applying at the moment is a fix to get the arrow keys
to scroll through command history on the GUI. That patch has already been
accepted into the stable branch, and it will be merged into gui-release
soon, I suspect---which is what my Homebrew recipe installs if you call it
with "brew install octave --HEAD".