moving mailing lists to gnu.org

From: John W. Eaton
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:52:10 -0400

For many years, the address@hidden and address@hidden mailing
lists have been hosted on a University of Wisconsin system.  Today
starting about 19:30 UTC we'll be moving the lists to a GNU project
server.

The @octave.org addresses will continue to work after the switch so
the change should not cause trouble for most users.

This change is happening because the University of Wisconsin plans to
discontinue its use of mailman for handling mailing lists and because
the gnu.org mailman setup allows us to use a better way of handling
spam and messages sent from people who are not subscribed to the
lists.

During the switch, mail delivery to the lists will be suspended but
will resume afterward.  If any messages are delivered to the old lists
during the transition, I will forward them to the new lists.

The full mailing list archives will be preserved and I'll update links
to point to the new archives soon after the switch is made.

jwe