Re: Building/Installing 3.8.1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

From: Clark Dunson
Subject: Re: Building/Installing 3.8.1 on OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:45:15 -0700

Go brew!  Who knew? (:

Thanks again Ben.  Getting very close.  Still working dependencies.  Besides
cleaning out old builds (pre-brew) and changing permissions of directories
formerly created by "sudo make install" it has been very smooth.

The first real issue occurs during the gnuplot build.  Apparently the
dependency relationship for LUA has not been worked out.  For example:

../term/lua.trm:109:17: error: lua.h: No such file or directory
../term/lua.trm:110:20: error: lualib.h: No such file or directory
../term/lua.trm:111:21: error: lauxlib.h: No such file or directory

and:

../term/lua.trm:172: error: ā€˜Lā€™ undeclared (first use in this function)

I checked, remember I am on Snow Leopard (circa 2009), so:

$ which lua  = /opt/local/bin/lua

and:

$ lua -v =  Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

Before I go get my own lua (I'm not in a hurry and would rather get it right),
I thought I'd check with you folks.

THANKS AGAIN

Clark