Re: Missing marker edge in legend when marker face is colored

From: João Rodrigues
Subject: Re: Missing marker edge in legend when marker face is colored
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 09:42:04 +0000

On 12-03-2014 02:20, Ben Abbott wrote:
On Mar 11, 2014, at 7:27 AM, Joao Rodrigues <address@hidden> wrote:

In Octave 3.6.4 if

x = [1:5]';

then

plot(x,-x,"s");
legend("test");

shows a legend with a marker edge and an empty marker face. However:

plot(x,-x,"s","markerfacecolor",[1,0,0]);
legend("test");

shows a legend whose marker face is colored but whose marker edge went
missing.

Anyone knows how to get a marker with a colored face and edge at the
same time in the legend?

I tried the commands below, with Octave 3.8.1, and obtained the desired result,
i.e. all markers have black faces and have blue, green, & red edge colors.

        close all
        graphics_toolkit fltk
        h = plot (rand (3), 's-')
        legend ('a','b','c')
        set (h, 'markerfacecolor', 'k')

I then added the command below and also obtained the desired result.

        set (gcf, '__graphics_toolkit__', 'gnuplot')

Which graphics_toolkit are your using?

Ben
I finally found the time to install Octave3.8 and indeed the problem is gone:

With or without the fltk toolkit there is always a marker edge in the legend.

However, another problem arose: the default configuration of plot annotations (placement, line widths and so forth) is now completely different, which means reformatting everything... but that's a different topic.

Many thanks Ben, this question is solved.
joao