Re: New to Octave. Want to use it with visual studio

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: New to Octave. Want to use it with visual studio
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 07:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

>________________________________

"Is there a better way to do this?" - the KISS way to do it is to run Octave as
a separate process, to pipe commands into it and to get back produced by Octave
data - either through files or or parsing screen output.

Windows even has named pipes (albeit degenerate ones) :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365590%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
 , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Named_pipe .

Regards,
  Sergei.