Re: Callback function

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Callback function
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:14:47 -0400

On Mar 10, 2014, at 8:59 AM, FM <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use the callback function 'WindowButtonMotionFcn' in a figure. But
> the callback function is neved called. As a simple example consider
>
>> hfig = figure;
>> set(hfig, 'WindowButtonMotionFcn', @Test)
>> set(hfig, 'WindowButtonDownFcn', @Test)
>
> The function test.m prints simple a message.
>
> function Test(hObj, event)
>
> disp('I am in the callback function')
>

> Now if someone clicks into the figure, the message occurs but it don't occur
> when the mouse is moved. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Best regards
> FM

I'm running the last release (3.8.1) and am using the FLTK graphics toolkit.
With the commands below, the message is displayed for each mouse click and
displayed repeatedly as I drag the mouse (with the mouse button down).

Test = @(hObj,event) disp ('I am in the callback function');
hfig = figure;
set (hfig, 'WindowButtonMotionFcn', Test)
set (hfig, 'WindowButtonDownFcn', Test)

What version of Octave are you running, and did you hold down the mouse button
while moving the mouse?

Ben