Re: actxserver on Octave 3.8-0 -- Windows User

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: actxserver on Octave 3.8-0 -- Windows User
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:35:47 -0800 (PST)

Rockhound wrote
> It appears the package was installed, evident by:
>
>>> pkg list
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>      windows  |   1.2.1 |
> C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\share\octave\packages\windows-1.2.1

Yes, you need to load the package as well:

pkg load windows

(Sorry for forgetting to tell you.)

BTW there are ways to do that automatically:

during installation:
pkg install -forge -auto windows

later on:
pkg rebuild -auto windows
 (optionally followed by pkg load windows if it didn't load yet).

> However, when I navigate to this folder, the only m-files I have are
> delete.m, get.m, invoke.m, release.m, and set.m.

That's because that's just the script directory.
There's also a directory with compiled (binary) modules for those packages
that contain binary files. It's in your case expected to be in
C:\Octave\Octave-3.8.0\lib\octave\packages\windows-1.2.1\i686-pc-mingw32-api-v49+

Hint: It appears it may help you to read up a little bit on Octave. There's
a documentation tab in the GUI and some entries in the Start Menu.
Search for "Packages" (ch. 38).

Philip