Imread a pn

From: Peter Jan
Subject: Imread a pn
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 21:04:29 +0000

Hi,
I encountered a problem with [im, cmap, alpha] = imread(image.png). The file attached is the png file that gives me the following results:
im = matrix with logical ones
cmap = [ ]
alpha = matrix with logical zeros
size of im and alpha is equal to the size of the image.

I have tried the same with a random other .png file and that works fine. Also, I am able to read the attached file on an old windows laptop running octave 3.2.
I am running octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 13.10.

Can anyone help me out with how to fix this? What could be causing this or how could I work around this?

thanks,
PJ