Re: Installing Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Installing Octave
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 09:53:03 +0900 (JST)

--- On Fri, 2014/2/28, Michael London  wrote:
> Sir/Madam
>

> I would like to install Octave on my 64 bit laptop running MS Windows 7 Home
> Premium.
>
> Your help in this matter would be appreciated as the instructions in th
> Wikipedia are not claer to me.
>
> Which  is the best version for a novice and is the a user interface to avoid
> using the command line?
>

> Thanks and kind regards.
>
> Michael London

Hello

The native GUI of octave-3.8 is still experimental one.

I recommend to use the octave-3.6.4 and use DomainMath IDE 0.16 as GUI wrapper.

Octave-3.6.4:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/
There are MinGW version and MSVC version.
Please read carefully the note in the download site for install.

DomainMath IDE 0.16
https://sites.google.com/site/domainmathide/home

Hope this helps

Tatsuro