Re: Lost with working/non-working code

From: c.
Subject: Re: Lost with working/non-working code
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 23:15:49 +0100

On 1 Mar 2014, at 16:00, Alberto Simões <address@hidden> wrote:

> Using the only way I know to debug in Octave (adding printfs),

I prefer to use at least the "keyboard" statement.

> I managed to notice that crash is happening on this matrix multiplication:
>
>         a{i} = sigmoid(Thetas{i-1} * a{i-1});

Is "sigmoid" an array or a function?

if you add a keyboard statement just before the line where the error happens,
e.g.:

 keyboard;
 a{i} = sigmoid(Thetas{i-1} * a{i-1});

you will be dropped into the debugger and will be able to check the value of
all variables.

> I checked the matrices sizes and they are correct. I tried to put the
> multiplication outside the function call, and it fails as well.
>
> Any hint on what might be going on?
> I can try to make all the code available if you think that might help.

HTH,
c.