Re: Calculation issue with octave (data unexpectedly go to zero at some

From: rchretien
Subject: Re: Calculation issue with octave (data unexpectedly go to zero at some point)
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 13:57:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, I shall be cautious with those roundoff errors
when dealing with a mod called on real valued numbers. The difference of
behaviour between the two softwares surprised me, but as you mentioned, the
good point is that I was given an opportunity to learn something that could
have caused me more trouble in my future researchs.

Anyway, I have run the code again on the clusters with your mod_ml function
and everything is looking fine (through calculations are not over yet).

Thanks to every participant of that discussion for helping me.

Best regards,

Renaud

PS : Should I rename the topic with a more appropriate name ?