Re: Calculation issue with octave (data unexpectedly go to zero at some

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Calculation issue with octave (data unexpectedly go to zero at some point)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:00:55 -0500

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM, rchretien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Michael,

I can easily imagine that my question sounds like "I have a problem, how can
I fix it", it is anyway what I was thinking when writing it.

However, unless someone particularly insists for me posting the code, I did
not think of publishing it (because I seriously doubt someone wants to read
it, which is completely normal).

The point is not to "read" the code, but to execute it and be able to reproduce the problem. I'm pretty sure that if you provide the mailing list with a complete (minimalist) executable code that shows the issue, you'll quickly get an answer to your problem. But if nobody can execute the code you're posting, it's indeed very unlikely that someone will start reading/decomposing your code to try to identify what might be the problem, except if it's *very* obvious.

For instance, posting your function is a step in the right direction. But you should also have given the command that you use to execute it, with all the parameters/arguments that you're using.

Michael.