Re: question about your Octave function findpeaks

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: question about your Octave function findpeaks
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:20:24 +0100

Alexander,

I add the octave-help mailing list, that is where you should direct
questions, you will get far better and faster responses that way.

Regarding your question. I can't tell what are the difference between
the functions, since I do not know the details of the matlab
implementation. I read the help and the intended use of ti and then
implemented a function with a signature (input/output options) as
compatible as possible. I do not know exactly how the values of the
parameters are used in the maltab version, so it is quite hard to get
exactly the same results for the same parameter values.

Have you check the source code of GNU Octave's findpeaks function?
Maybe you can identify what points this function is missing and
suggest improvements.

If you provide working code that shows the failure of the function, we
can try to fix it...or you can try to fix it :D

Regards,