Octave + Arduino

From: Emilie Caspar
Subject: Octave + Arduino
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:57:51 +0100

Dear all,

I control a robotic hand by arduino + matlab codes. In fact, several matlab files refer to the arduino command, and then I can used these files as a function in the psychtoolbox. One of the reviewer asked me if that functions with Octave (what I tried to test but without success, probably because I never used Octave ).
So, my question is to know (in theory) if in can use matlab files (with arduino) as a function in Octave codes, or if octave could be coupled with arduino to create function files?

I hope that my question is not too large,

Thank in advance,

Emilie