Re: disable displaying terminal output for command

From: Markus Appel
Subject: Re: disable displaying terminal output for command
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:58:46 +0100

On 02/25/2014 03:56 PM, Cloud.Strife wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have following problem:
>
> In my program in octave i am calling external program in cmd:
>
> system("fasthenry.exe wg1.inp")
>
> it will create output file, which i am reading with octave after that.
>
> Everything works great, but the terminal output of the comand "fasthenry.exe
> wg1.inp" is a lot of lines, which are displayed in octave terminal.
>
> The program is in cycle for with approximately 200 steps, so in terminal
> window it is pretty messy. I am used to watch the octave terminal to see,
> where am I in my program and how it is developing.
>
> So what I want is to disable terminal output displaying for command
> system("fasthenry.exe wg1.inp"). Other outputs i want to display. I tried
> commands "more off" and "more on" but without succes (probably i am using
> them wrong)
>
> Please give me an advice enybody. Thanks in advance
>

> --
Hi,

there is a form of the system command which gives your the output as
return variable rather than printing it out:
> [status,output] = system('ls');
Have a look at "help system" for more details, there are other
possibilites, you can e.g. also use "system('ls',true);"
You seem to use windows, I hope it works there as well.

HTH,
Markus