Re: Building fem-fenics on Ubuntu

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: Re: Building fem-fenics on Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:31:04 +0000

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi!

On 2014-02-25 14:38, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm trying to build & install fem-fenics on Ubuntu.  I've built Octave
>> from hg trunk fine, and checked out the most recent version of the
>> fem-fenics sources at sourceforge.  I've also installed libdolfin1.3-dev
>> through the Ubuntu package repository provided by the FEniCS project at [1].
>>
>>   [1] http://fenicsproject.org/download/ubuntu_details.html
>>
>> However, when I try to ./configure fem-fenics, it tells me that no
>> usable dolfin.h is found (even though /usr/include/dolfin.h is present).
>>  If I remove the AC_CHECK_HEADER check in configure.ac (just as an
>> experiment), I get the following:
>
> The solution to this have been a recent topic in the mailing list.
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/FORGE-Fem-fenics-installation-fails-td4661997.html

Thanks for the quick reply!  Indeed, updating CPPFLAGS fixes the
configure & include errors and the compilation goes on a bit before it
terminates with other errors.

Those are presumably the inconsistency with respect to Dolfin 1.3.  As I
understand it, a patch is already being worked on, so I'll just wait a
bit.  Thanks to you and those working on fem-fenics!

fem-fenics 0.0.1 already supports FeniCS 1.3.0, and thus you should be able to install it right now

be sure that you are installing the last release and that you are linking
correctly to dolfin 1.3.0.

In fact, fem-fenics 0.0.1 works only with FEniCS 1.3.0, and not with FeniCs 1.2.0

Marco

Yours,
Daniel

--