forge package mirror

From: hanan
Subject: forge package mirror
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:22:04 -0800 (PST)

hi

I want to mirror the octave forge repository on an isolated intranet, while
enabling octave users on the local network to install/list/update packages
from the mirror in a similar fashion to the pkg command (best option is
using the pkg command itself).
I noticed that octave forge's urls are hardcoded into private scipts, as is
the html of the package page.

before I start creating new scripts and automating package transfer to a
local server, wanted to check if anyone has done something similar?

btw, it would seem to be a good idea to make the urls configurable as
opposed to hard coded

thanks

Hanan