Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: fem-fenics 0.0.1 released
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:10:07 +0100

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 21:33:02 +0100, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

>>> I don't understand what you mean exactly, should we capture the flags when
>>> configuring Octave or when configuring the package?
>>> c.
>>
>> To install (i.e. build)  the package one needs to define CPPFLAGS, so
>> at this time we could capture the flags and modify PKG_ADD
>> accordingly, right? or is there a counter indication to this?
>
> The flags are not needed once the package is built and installed,
> right? So I don't think PKG_ADD is relevant at all. I haven't been
> following this thread too closely, but it sounds like all that is
> needed is an improved configure.ac to search for the necessary header
> files and libraries in the most common locations. Things like
> pkg-config help greatly, if eigen and dolfin provide pkg-config files.
>
> --
> mike

Hi mike,
According to this user:

Thanks! It solved the dolfin.h not found problem. I also found out
that setting CPPFLAGS to -I/usr/include/eigen3 alone is sufficient. In
order to use the package, it has to be set before starting octave as
well. Otherwise I still get "Eigen/Dense not found" when fem-fenics is
run.

it seems that the paths are needed during use of the package as well.