Re: Quotation inquiry for software GNU OCTAVE

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: Quotation inquiry for software GNU OCTAVE
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:23:28 +0100

Stefano,

Octave is free software.  It is distributed with a free software licence
(an open source licence, if you prefer).  You can download its source
from the Octave site, or preferably you can install it on Windows, on
all major Linux distributions and on Mac, from a binary distribution,
without asking anyone and in a perfectly legal manner.

Octave does all that you have listed in youe request, and can execute
essentially all programs written in the Matlab language.  If your
programs use specific Matlab libraries, there may be problems, which can
generally be solved by a knowledgeable Matlab or Octave programmer.

If you need consultancy for your work, this list is one place where you
can ask for it.

If you need more details on the distribution terms of Octave, you can
write to the list with specific questions, or you can contact me if you
want to spek in Italian.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107