From: Byron Hawkins
Subject: Loading tick labels from a file
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 02:16:21 -0800

I’m trying to make a generic octave script for generating some basic plots, and I need to load the tick labels from a file. This works for numeric labels:

tick_labels = dlmread(args{4})

But when I have a text label like “1K”, it shows up on the axis as “0”. I tried a variety of other loading functions, but the result was the same. Is there a way to specify that the contents are text and should be treated as if quoted? Thanks for your help.

Byron