Re: Musing about numbers

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Musing about numbers
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:13:21 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message -----

Optimization is compiler-dependent. So, I do not think you can achieve your
goal of portable speed. That's why there are automatically tuned packages like
FFTW and ATLAS.

Yes, if you add FP numbers, in order to decrease accuracy loss start adding
from numbers with smaller absolute values.

Regards,
  Sergei.