Re: Compile using enable64 on Windows

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Compile using enable64 on Windows
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:58:13 -0500

On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 19:25 -0500, dr g wrote:
> Hello Octave Support,

We're not really paid support staff, just a bunch of collaborators and
volunteers.

> It would be a much appreciated blessing to have any of the following:
>     a) an Octave Windows install package with Octave with 64 bit indexing
> already turned on.
>     b) a link to download a)
>     c) detailed instructions on how to download whatever files,
> modifications to each file for 64 bit and then compile them either
> whichever easiest MinGW, Visual System Studio, Intel MLK, or Nvidia
> CUDA.

MKL and Nvidia CUDA are non-free, so nobody can distribute Octave
linked to them until Intel or Nvidia decide to free them up, because
it would be a GPL violation to do so.

>    d) a link to c)

The rest of your wish list is underway. If you want to try it
yourself, the easiest way is to cross-compile Octave from a GNU/Linux
system into Windows using MXE:

    http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave

- Jordi G. H.