RE: please help me

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: please help me
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 17:32:26 +0000

Shoo,

> As Juan Pablo said this list is not for doing people's
> assignments, but to help with problems and doubts.
> You say nothing about the errors you get when you run the
> code you posted, but I can see that you have defined arrays
> wrong. You should take a look at how to create vectors and
> matrices.
> For instance, you define a 3x3 admittance matrix by writing:
> Y = [ y11 y12 y13
> y21 y22 y23
> y31 y32 y33];
> and that's wrong. Each row in a matrix must end with
> a semi-colon (;), so it would be:
> Y = [ y11 y12 y13; y21 y22 y23; y31 y32 y33];

Actually:

octave:2> x = 1
x =  1
octave:3> u = 3
u =  3
octave:4> p = 4
p =  4
octave:5> y = [x u p
> p x u
> u u p]
y =

   1   3   4
   4   1   3
   3   3   4

octave:6>

So that's probably not the problem.  I don't know enough about load
flow to help more with that, but I think you are going about the
task wrong -- you write a big block of code and then wonder why it
doesn't work, when you should be starting with a very simple
problem and then add to it until it does what you want.  If you
have to, type each line into the interpreter and see if what comes
out is what you expected.  If you don't know what to expect, then
you don't know enough about the problem to even start coding.

Regards,
Allen