Re: Using keyboard command for debugging

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Using keyboard command for debugging
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 03:23:45 -0800 (PST)

First of all, please don't to post. Answer below the mail.

syedk01 wrote
> Hi,
>   Thanks for the response. Here is are some of the outputs
>
> debug> isfinite(show)
> ans = 0
> debug> length(stop)
> ans = 0
> debug> isfinite(show) & (!rem(iEpochs,show) | length(stop))
> error: showtrainprogress: invalid conversion from NaN to logical
> debug> rem(0,NaN)
> ans = NaN
> debug> !rem(1,NaN)
> error: showtrainprogress: invalid conversion from NaN to logical
>
> debug> !rem(iEpochs,show)
> error: showtrainprogress: invalid conversion from NaN to logical
>
> debug> rem(iEpochs,show)
> ans = NaN
>
> debug> disp (iEpochs)
> 0
> debug> disp (epochs)
>  100
> debug> who
> Variables in the current scope:
>
> argn         goal         net          shortStr     time
> currentTime  iEpochs      normGradX    show
> epochs       minGrad      perf         stop
>
> debug> whos
> Variables in the current scope:
>
>    Attr Name             Size                     Bytes  Class
>    ==== ====             ====                     =====  =====
>   a     argn            12x11                       132  char
>     f   currentTime      1x1                          8  double
>     f   epochs           1x1                          8  double
>     f   goal             1x1                          8  double
>     f   iEpochs          1x1                          8  double
>     f   minGrad          1x1                          8  double
>     f   net              1x1                        891  struct
>     f   normGradX        1x1                          8  double
>     f   perf             1x1                          8  double
>     f   shortStr         1x7                          7  char
>     f   show             1x1                          8  double
>     f   stop             0x0                          0  char
>     f   time             1x1                          8  double
>
> Total is 149 elements using 1102 bytes
>
> debug> dbstack
> stopped in:

Right.

But what do you expect me to do now? I am not gonna debug your script. All I
can do is to outline how to proceed yourself.

What I do see is that the statement:

debug> !rem(iEpochs,show)

indeed is the conversion that I figured would be giving errors.

So, I am sorry but from here it is up to you to find out:
-  how or why the variables iEpoch and show have been assigned values that
are offending to that " !rem(iEpochs,show)" statement
- fix the code where these offending assignments have bee made.

Philip