Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

From: mpender
Subject: Octave 3.8.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 21:01:43 -0800 (PST)

Is there any plan to release Octave 3.8.0 for Ubuntu 12.04 (long-term-support
version) any time soon?  I don't want to just assume that it will be
released eventually, since the intermediate versions have not been released
for Ubuntu 12.04.

I would like to try the profiler and just-in-time compiler features but they
were not included in version 3.2.4, which is the last version released
through apt for Ubuntu 12.04.  I'm inclined to risk installing version 3.8.0
over my existing install, but I *really* don't want to break my existing
Octave installation.

Thanks, Mike